Daile Diedrichsen and Carolyn Boyce injured in Cooper County big-rig wreck

On Saturday, July 28, Daile Diedrichsen and Carolyn Boyce were both injured in a traffic accident involving a tractor-trailer in Cooper County while travelling on I-70.

The accident began at approximately 12:00 PM when Boyce and Diedrichsen were struck by an 18-wheeler operated by Minghao Hou, of San Gabriel, CA. The 18-wheeler apparently struck the two vehicles the women were sitting in when it failed to slow down in response to road conditions that had forced the two women into the travel lane.

Both attempted to avoid the big-rig as it failed to check it’s speed, but unfortunately they were unable to get out of the truck’s path in time.

According to the official Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report, all parties were wearing their safety belts at the time of the incident and both injured parties suffered minor to moderate injuries. Both were transported to area hospitals for further observation and treatment.

The Legal Claims

Missouri and Illinois offer a widespread system of personal injury laws meant to protect parties who are injured through another party’s negligent acts.

The party seeking relief will be entitled to compensation in the form of payment for any lost wages, pain and suffering, any damaged property, and any medical bills incurred as a result of the accident that are not a result of his or her own negligence.

Missouri law states that you have five (5) years to file your personal injury lawsuit, unlike Illinois law which allows only a two (2) year period, though you never want to wait that long to file a claim. Some cases require a good deal of discovery and preparation, so the sooner you contact an attorney to file the case, the better your odds of recovering everything you are owed will be.

Does it Matter That It Was a Big-Rig Wreck?

One of the most common questions we field when interviewing potential clients is; why does it matter if the vehicle that struck me was a big-rig or other large commercial vehicle? Large commercial vehicles often have different kinds of rules and regulations which govern their operation, and they always have a different type of insurance than that used by normal, non-commercial, drivers. All of these issues make big-rig wrecks unique, though just as easily handled by an experienced litigator such as those at the Roach firm.

Do I need an attorney?

Some accident victims are reluctant to hire an attorney because they think they cannot afford one. However, most personal injury attorneys, including Kevin Roach, are only paid if you receive a settlement or a verdict in your favor.

You do not pay anything up front.

Also, remember that the statistics show that people who hire a personal injury attorney usually end up receiving far more accident compensation than if they handled the case on their own – on average, 3.5 times more. The bottom line is – you will most likely receive more for your injuries by hiring an experienced and proven auto accident personal injury attorney.

Kevin Roach is one of those attorneys. He is a highly experienced and well-rated attorney who has practiced personal injury law since 2001. Kevin oversees every personal injury case to ensure that you receive the maximum financial award for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain & suffering.

If you still have questions about your car, truck, or motorcycle accident, please do not hesitate to contact Kevin Roach today for a free consultation, (866) 519-0085.